OK, maybe this isn’t fair, maybe it isn’t right – but one thing for sure – it’s funny. When you are feeling miserable then a little bit of humour at somebody else’s expense is always a good idea – especially when that is the person who brought all the misery on. So, here we go – the best Robert Green jokes we could find for you… hope you can laugh between the tears by now!
1. Why is Robert Green like ITV HD? They both switch off at the crucial moment.
2. At least that’s one British spillage the Americans won’t be moaning about…
3. Steven Gerrard said: “The whole team is behind Rob Green.” With hindsight, that’s a good place to stand.
4. Robert Green’s bringing out his own South African trumpet. It’s known as a boo-boozela
5. What’s the difference between Robert Green and Justin Bieber? Robert Green knows how to drop his balls.
6. What does Robert Green do after winning the World Cup? Drops his controller.
7. Kermit was right: It’s not easy being Green.
8. I’m Robert Green and cleaning Windows is my next idea…
9. Rob Green has injured himself. Apparently, he put his head in his hands and immediately kneed himself in the face.
10. Yesterday at London Zoo one of the staff let a a Central American monkey slip out of his grasp. So Robert Green’s not the only English keeper to drop a Howler.
11. The England lads had a get-together after the game and bought Robert Green a drink to commiserate. He spilled it.
12. My computer’s got the Robert Green virus. It can’t save anything.
13. Just bought a Robert Green condom. Extra slippery and you’re guaranteed not to catch anything.
14. What’s the difference between a botanist with the flu and the England goalkeeper? One has Green fingers and can catch a cold…
15. Before he got into football, Robert Green was a bus driver. But he got fired because he couldn’t make any stops.
16. Robert Green – a joke even Americans can understand.